Friday, June 15, 2012

Hello Blog World Redux


I am writing this blog both as an outlet for myself and to help other people better understand what it is like to have been diagnosed with and then fight cancer. You can ask me pretty much ANYTHING and I'll answer very honestly as best I can. Parts of this journey have been surprisingly funny and some, well, not so much, as you might imagine. Because I am a real person, some of this will be graphic and the language uncensored. You might notice that there are no apologies for this. 

I am NOT writing this to elicit sympathy or because I want links to some miracle cure. I have an FB Friend who is a Mammography Tech who told me that almost ALL of her patients get checked ONLY because they know someone with breast cancer. That is a huge part of why I went not just public, but loudly public with this. Self-exams are good (they can be really good if you have a lover to help) and regular checkups, better. Go get checked out - and bring a friend. It could save two lives. My boyfriend finding the lump and then me DOING something about it is what will have saved my life. That, and being crazy enough to join the US Army when I was twenty five and getting caught up in a war.

 So here is a little bit about me. I have been told (by my mother) that if no one were around, I would talk to a tree. Eventually ... it would talk back. So, I should be able to manage this blogging business without too much difficulty. I would like to thank Spell Check in advance for helping me to avoid looking like an idiot... or at the very least, a bad speller.

I am a professional makeup artist because the world has spent most of your life telling you what is wrong with you. I want to show you what is wonderful about you. I love Mary Kay products, so those are the ones I use. There is nothing I can do for mean people, however.

I have been rollerblading for about 14 years and it makes me feel joyous. When I am healthy enough I skate 7 ½ to 11 miles almost daily. The music play list I listen to while I’m skating makes me look as if I have multiple personalities. So does my book shelf.  That works for me. I can blame any mistakes on one of them.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February 2012. I have been very busy kicking it’s ass since then.
Love the usual stuff, family, boyfriend, dog, work, shoes. Which order those fall in depends on what has happened that particular day. Except for shoes... I am never annoyed with my shoes.

Will you share this post? (Thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment